A Century Later
Sohan Reshab
The smell of bombs in the air, fear in children's eyes,
Barbed wire on the border, time loses its face in earthquakes,
Or, barbed wire melts with children's laughter,
A global garden drawn in the design, in the geometry of care?
Rivers wrapped in plastic, dead dolphins in the sea,
Micro plastics in the fish’s stomach— a coffin filled with fear.
Or, polythene transcends into the pages of poetry,
And the seagull brings forth the songs of peace in its wings?
The city is dark, the artificial moon shines on drones,
People can no longer touch people—only on the screen.
Or, houses floated to the tune of songs,
Children's notebooks be filled with rain and wildflowers?
Invisible algorithms sit at the center of power,
Leaders are now code—the world is a mechanical religion.
Or, a storyteller takes the lead,
Without the fear of a gun, but a single word of love?
Life, genetically constructed,
Love, erased by the algorithmic mind of data.
Or, does love learns a new language again?
If the future is truly born,
A seed of sadness or a shadow of hope?
Dare I dream fearlessly, selflessly, and filled with humanity?
Author's Bio
Sohan Reshab was born in Talbaria, Jessore, in 1996. He
considers himself a protest poet, using poetry to highlight the shortcomings of
the front movement. He writes against injustice, exploitation, and hypocrisy.
His poems reflect political awareness and the struggles of lonely people. He is
also a visionary. His poem, ‘A Century Later’, examines the condition of
humanity a century from now. However, he never loses hope or confidence about
the future.

This piece reminds the argument : If there is cerebral psychology --- why not --- cerebral poetry. It's a powerful piece of poetic exploration.
ReplyDeleteNB : For details see and read ' Pavlov Parichiti' by Manobenra Banerjee.
"I did not have much knowledge about "cerebral poetry". I will explore this arena of expressionism.
DeleteOh! dear, I got the term ' cerebral psychology ' from ' Pavlov Parichiti ' by Manobendra Banerjee ; written in Bangla. So, I got moved by the book --- actually I should be.. From that realization I want to say --- if 'cerebral psychology, why not cerebral poetry? This is my analogy to the term.
Delete' Pavlov Parichiti ' is a direct and successful criticism to Freudian psychology which is based on theory of unconsciousness.
In fact, this present world is imbalanced. So, we are not getting the opponants of Freud in prints. Those books were published from Moscow Now Freud and others are promoted by USA. We are mostly getting one-sided hegemony.